Intermittent server disconnections on the Chrome extension

cabbieBot

25 Mar, 2014 03:43 PM

Hey guys, I've been using this extension for years and absolutely love it. My use case for it is usually pulling up articles of interest from twitter/facebook/G+ and sending them to my PC to read later for when I have time to get to them. This app/extension is extremely underrated.

That being said, I seem to always have issues with the server disconnecting on the chrome extension, or connecting and dropping so fast its flickering from green to white. The workaround that always seems to work is right click -> manage -> uncheck to disable -> re-check, and it comes back green and connected. I do have two PC's set up for 2cloud with the same device name (so that articles get sent to whatever machine I happen to be closest to), maybe that has something to do with it? I don't really know how to debug this for you guys, just wanted to bring it to your attention and also ask another question...whats next for 2cloud? :) Keep up the great work!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Paddy Foran on 27 Mar, 2014 04:52 AM

Hi there!

Sorry for the delayed reply. The problem is, right now we don't support your intended use case. :-/ Connecting two instances of the Chrome extension will cause unpredictable behaviour--like disconnecting.

The best suggestion I have for you, at the moment, is to give each extension a unique name and just send a link to both. Sorry. :( I'm working on a solution for this use case.

What's next for 2cloud is... nothing and a lot of things. We're going to change the project a bit (we're considering moving away from the "2cloud" brand, as it is making some things tricky) and we're going to add a bunch of stuff. The same use cases will still be supported--you can still open a link in your browser from your phone--but you'll be able to do a lot more. Send links from a phone to a phone, or a phone to a tablet. Send links from your computer to another computer, or a phone or a tablet. Send files. All sorts of exciting stuff. :) I've been working on several implementations of these things for years now, and I'm finally in "sit down and ship" mode, so this will be my last rewrite. I still can't promise a timeline, but I hope you like it when it's released.

Hugs,
    Paddy

2. 2 Posted by cabbieBot on 28 Mar, 2014 07:10 PM

Well, that explains it! I'll give my two PC's different names. I should have tried that at the start, to be honest.

I love your idea about sending links between devices. I got my first tablet in the gingerbread era and I thought then as I do now that in the default "Share" menu I should see at the top a list of my devices to push data to. From my phone, share to Tablet, or to PC, etc. That was years ago. I doubt that feature gets added before Google finally fixes the whole android "device" issue. From what I can tell I have at least four places to manage my devices...Google Cloud Print, Google Play Music, Google Play Store, and Android Device Manager. There is no unified device dashboard to manage everything. Anyways, that's a whole separate deal that Google ought to work out.

I just bought the donation app. Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to what's to come!

3. 3 Posted by cabbieBot on 28 Mar, 2014 07:33 PM

Dang...I set up each browser with a unique name but when I have "Silent Send" enabled, it will only send to the last PC I sent to with no option to select the other one. If I don't have silent send enabled, I have to manually type in the name of the other PC I want to send it to (my connected PC's aren't in a selectable box or anything). I think honestly it'd be easier to go back to how I had it set up with the intermittent disconnections.

4. 4 Posted by tomsdsp on 01 Apr, 2014 07:23 AM

Police arrest scuba divers query Fresh water Quarry on Mount Gravatt Eastern. Photography: Penny Dahl/Australian Targeted visitors 'network ' An adolescent new boy tested really to acquire hold of his own diving buddy prior to when disappearing beneath the murky fluids associated with the classic Queensland quarry. Zekria Sayed, Of sixteen, drowned even while skating with his or her about three family members on the River Quarry within Load Gravatt Distance on the subject of Thursday day. All of the teen relatives clambered straight down a pebbles wall space plus decided to frolic in the water all of the 52 metres to the other part within the quarry, Examiner David Flori suggested. Commercial While 2 males achieved lack of confidently, the two main others struggled and also lagged pertaining to, Inspector Flori claimed. That 16-year-old male selected your hands on her in-law, because experimented with keep on afloat. He utes conducted the better pick up their hands on her relation, still he south panicked it seems after which it the guy vertisements rid yourself of the step-sister ohydrates tricep / bicep, Examiner Flori talked about. He explained all the dead young man azines nephew ended up being especially distraught . It vertisements a horrible tragedy, utterly terrible, Home inspector Flori suggested. It truly is fully understood Zac, the mma lover, appeared around australia towards Afghani migrants. It's an incredibly unhappy occurrence for many people people today, specially in the Afghan city, Inspector Flori mentioned. The majority of the little youngster vertisements distressed members of your family harvested with the scenario, when police arrest scuba divers looked for your partner's system. His shape was discovered after 7am at Tuesday. Relationship, best freinds and family spent respect towards 16-year-old thru Myspace. You just where essentially the most balanced and children I just realized, you buddie submitted. Could Allah offer an individual tropical and provide patience in your family. The disused quarry is actually any recreation space just for native young adults, exactly who possibility trespassing penalties to leap through great cliffs in to the fluids pit. Ad units Boral-owned quarry is offered to be able to Body mass index Cluster to get $7 billion dollars inside May. I s nervous of which teens should drop by, Home inspector Flori claimed. The slope from the edge outer surface might be not known. The tank could be very cloudy. Many people wouldn w not find out what individuals lso are bouncing into. He proclaimed a son erinarians passing of life offered as the helpful ! ! to young people, especially those just about to commence Schoolies gatherings, in regards to the perils of getting potential risks. Teenagers usually tend to complete stuff that are quite other than his or her's authentic means, however want to make fantastic decisions, for the reason that however there is drawbacks, he said. Storm heirs have to deal with horrific disorders Dazed survivors beg for enable and even feed on just for foodstuff, drinking water along with treatments when Storm Haiyan harmed a predicted 8,400 inside principal Australia.

5. 5 Posted by XRumerTest on 29 May, 2014 04:15 AM

Hello. And Bye.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac