setup

ken evans

12 Mar, 2013 03:10 PM

the 2cloud setup page tells me i have to enter a base url in a space provided and that if i am not sure what to enter to leave it as the default and to click on save. nothing happens when i click on save and every time i open my browser i have to screw with it again. am i doing something wrong?
Ken

1. 1 Posted by ken evans on 12 Mar, 2013 03:38 PM

is anybody there or am i talking/typing to myself?

2. 2 Posted by ken evans on 12 Mar, 2013 03:41 PM

sorry, but i was expecting an answer with ANY sort of expedience. a half-hour makes me think that this "discussion" with a staff-member doesn't even exist. I guess I'm on my own. thanks.
    Ken

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Paddy Foran on 12 Mar, 2013 05:42 PM

Hi Ken,

First, not sure if this is clear, but this form is not a chat; it's an email box. Your messages get emailed to our team, and we reply as soon as we can.

Second, our team is comprised of volunteers. We all have full-time jobs besides this; this is a project we run in our spare time. Because of that, response times to issues within a couple hours is not really a reasonable expectation.

As to the issue you're experiencing, are you completing setup fully? Note that there is an extra screen following the authorization of your Google account. You should see a QR code--that is the final page in setup, and should tell you you're all set. If you close the window prior to seeing that screen, the extension will think it is not set up yet, and will ask you to set it up every time the browser is opened. See more information here: http://help.2cloudproject.com/kb/chrome/the-install-screen-keeps-po...

Leaving the base URL as the default is correct. If clicking save does nothing, you may be running into a bug. This is really a terrible user experience, and I apologise for it, but if you right click anywhere on the page, choose "Inspect Element", and click the "console" tab, you can enter the following:

$("#progress").style.display = "none";

then hit enter. Clicking the save button should then make a "Next" button appear. Again, I'm really sorry for this bug.

Hope that's helpful.

Thanks,
    Paddy

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac